Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Time in Our Apartment!

Christmas came and went with minimal bells and whistles but he had a five day vacation which was incredibly nice. My mom sent us a package of Christmas goodies so we were able to make our apartment at least a little bit festive. People in general don't really seem to celebrate Christmas over here, except for commercially. Many of my students actually had tests on Christmas day!



This was definitely one of the hardest times being away from family. For me, this was my first Christmas away from home and this is typically one of the few times of the year I actually get to see my them. For Ken it was even more difficult this year because we learned that his Grandfather Masada passed away on Christmas day. Being here in Korea actually does have its advantages though in this case, because we are so close to Japan and will be able to fly there next weekend to join Ken's mom, grandma, aunt and cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment