Thursday, November 26, 2009

Chobap at Jagalchi Fish Market


Ken enjoying this delicious meal of chobap (the more affordable Japanese version of raw fish aka sushi!)


This meal came with tons of sides (you can ascertain the quality of restaurant by how many sides they give you) and we got it all for about $20... Which we've actually found out since that we can get it cheaper off the main street - this area is kind of touristy (although we were still the only Westerners around).


Enjoying raw, baby squid! It had a neat texture - a little slimy, but kind of crunchy too! It really was good - Ken wasn't much of a fan though.


Shells! You pull out the insides with a toothpick. Bouncy, and tasting of tennis shoes. They weren't bad, but they weren't really good either.

2 comments:

  1. I love your food posts! Great photos and descriptives. Tennis shoes and socks. MMMMMM. I want some of that roasted fish. I would definitely try to steal that from Ken. So thankful you guys are having this life experience. Praying for you to know how much God loves you today! And for you will remember that you have clever and unique abilities that will help you do your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that you guys are much braver than I would be... I thought that I was rather adventurous when it came to trying different foods, but it turns out that that is only true when I compare myself to non-culinarily-adventurous people!!! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete